Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Ice Storm

Love the winter emergencies of the South:
  • Days under 50 degrees are COLD.
  • Winter begins in November, even though you still sweat outside at 4:00 in the morning.
  • Don't you dare criticize me if I'm wearing coat, gloves, hat, scarf. . . even if you're wearing shorts and a tube top.
  • Christmas typically means air conditioning.
  • Overcast skies in December are ominous -- even if it's 70 outside.
  • Driving is hazardous if it's under 60 and raining. There's no way I can make it to work today.
  • Of course you can see Christmas lights through leaves!
  • Black ice?  What ice?
  • Who needs a sled -- use a trash can lid.
  • Oh my gosh something's wrong with me!!  I'm breathing smoke!
  • I love that brown snowman.
  • It's still a school snow day, even if it's 80 by noon. We are totally incapacitated.
Ice Storm -- February 1, 2011

2 comments:

  1. Peaches looks like she belongs in the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. brrrrr....so much ice...hunkered down eating things i would NOT ordinarily eat--bread, tons of popcorn i popped fresh....wish i had stocked up on food..i DO go into a fragile state of mind when this happens....Jeff , on the other hand, relishes this weather...BRING IT ON is his mantra.

    ReplyDelete